We’ll Get You Moving
Many of our patients living with Type 2 diabetes also battle with Osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis (OA) causes joints to become stiff and painful, making it difficult to move. Exercise and movement are an important component in managing diabetes and for overall health. Diabetes Texas offers non-invasive, FDA approved knee injection treatment to help cushion the knee and increase patient mobility. Our treatment uses SUPARTZ FX hyaluronic acid injection to relieve the pain of Osteoarthritis in patients that do not get adequate pain relief from pain medications(e.g. Advil ®, Tylenol ®, Aleve ®, etc.).
Frequently Asked Questions
You may have knee osteoarthritis if you experience one or more of the following common signs and symptoms:
- Joint soreness after overuse or inactivity
- Joint stiffness after resting or in the morning
- Pain when moving your knee
- Pain when using stairs or getting up from a chair
- Pain that prevents you from exercising your leg
- Grating or catching when moving your knee
- Joint pain that feels worse in the evening after a day’s activity
- Deterioration of coordination due to pain and stiffness
- Weakened thigh muscles
To help with your diagnosis and treatment, be sure to mention these signs and symptoms at each doctor’s appointment.
the knee is the most common type.
- Proven pain relief across multiple clinical studies (12,13,15,16)
- As safe as saline in clinical studies (12,13,15,16)
- More than 300 million SUPARTZ FX injections administered
- A flexible course of therapy, from 3 to 5 injections, so you only receive the number of shots that your doctor recommends
SUPARTZ FX may be the right treatment for you if:
- Your knee pain is due to osteoarthritis
- You are not getting adequate osteoarthritis knee pain relief from walking and/or physical therapy
- You are not getting adequate osteoarthritis knee pain relief from pain medications, including:
- Ibuprofen (e.g., Advil®)
- Acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol®)
- Naproxen sodium (e.g., Aleve®)
SUPARTZ FX is covered by Medicare and many private insurance plans for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis pain. Private plan coverage may be determined prior to initiating SUPARTZ FX therapy by calling the plan directly.